Twenty-First Century Fox Inc (FOXA.OQ)
* Indexes: Dow up 0.64 pct, S&P up 0.34 pct, Nasdaq down 0.02 pct (Updates to late afternoon, adds commentary, changes byline)
* Indexes: Dow up 0.57 pct, S&P up 0.28 pct, Nasdaq up 0.02 pct (Updates to early afternoon)
* Indexes: Dow up 0.30 pct, S&P up 0.04 pct, Nasdaq off 0.1 pct (Changes comment, updates prices, adds details)
* Indexes: Dow up 0.30 pct, S&P up 0.04 pct, Nasdaq off 0.1 pct (Updates to open)
* Futures up: Dow 52 pts, S&P 1.75 pts, Nasdaq 2.5 pts (Adds comment, details, updates prices)
Dec 12 U.S. stocks were set to open flat on Tuesday ahead of a two-day meeting of the Federal Reserve that is widely expected to bump up the benchmark interest rate for the third time in a year as it continues to unwind its post-crisis stimulus.
Comcast Corp said on Monday it had abandoned its bid for most of the assets of Rupert Murdoch’s Twenty-First Century Fox Inc, leaving Walt Disney Co as the sole suitor in pursuit of the $40 billion-plus deal.
Media company Walt Disney Co on Thursday named Oracle Corp's chief executive, Safra Catz, and her counterpart at Illumina Inc , Francis A. deSouza, to its board.
* COMCAST CONTINUES TO PURSUE FOX ASSETS - CNBC, CITING SOURCES
Walt Disney Co Chief Executive Bob Iger will likely extend his tenure past 2019 to facilitate integration of Twenty-First Century Fox Inc assets if a deal is completed, the Wall Street Journal reported on Wednesday.
|Walt Disney Co (DIS.N)||$107.43||+0.60|
|CBS Corporation (CBS.N)||$57.97||+0.29|
|CBS Corporation (CBSa.N)||$58.21||+0.14|
|Discovery Communications Inc. (DISCA.OQ)||$19.65||-0.12|
|Discovery Communications Inc. (DISCB.OQ)||$19.45||--|
|Discovery Communications Inc. (DISCK.OQ)||$18.32||-0.12|
|Time Warner Inc (TWX.N)||$90.65||-0.17|
|Time Warner Inc (TWX_w.N)||--||--|
|Altaba Inc (AABA.OQ)||$69.77||-1.76|
|Netflix, Inc. (NFLX.OQ)||$185.73||-0.49|