Gilead Sciences Inc (GILD.MW)
23 Jul 2019
ZURICH/BERLIN, July 22 Here are some of the main factors that may affect Swiss stocks on Monday:
* GILEAD SCIENCES LICENSES RESPIRATORY AND HERPES ANTIVIRAL RESEARCH PROGRAMS FROM NOVARTIS
(This July 10 story corrects to show patients switched from Gilead's Descovy, not Gilead's Vemlidy, in fifth paragraph)
July 10 GlaxoSmithKline Plc's two-drug HIV regimen Dovato was successful in suppressing the AIDS-causing virus in patients over 48 weeks at the same level of a previous three-drug treatment in a late-stage trial, the drugmaker said on Wednesday.
July 10 GlaxoSmithKline Plc's two-drug HIV regimen Dovato was successful in suppressing the AIDS-causing virus in patients over 48 weeks at the same level of a previous three-drug treatment in a late-stage study, the drugmaker said on Wednesday.
U.S. antiviral drugmaker Gilead Sciences will invest $5.1 billion in a major expansion of its partnership with Belgo-Dutch biotech Galapagos NV , news that lifted Galapagos's shares more than 18% to an all-time high on Monday.
* Boeing drops on report 737 MAX groundings could extend to 2020
* Gilead makes $3.95 bln upfront payment, $1.1 equity investment
* Dow flat, S&P flat, Nasdaq up 0.18% (Updates to late afternoon New York trade, changes byline, adds NEW YORK to dateline)
* Indexes down: Dow 0.12%, S&P 0.15%, Nasdaq 0.07% (Updates to early afternoon)