Intesa Sanpaolo SpA (ISP.MI)
20 Apr 2018
The following factors could affect Italian markets on Wednesday.
MILAN Intesa SanPaolo's deal with Sweden's Intrum Justitia shows bad loans can be sold without a loss and will help Italian lenders turn a corner after "a perfect storm" of fire sales, CEO Carlo Messina said.
* Intesa, Intrum to create Italian debt servicing company (Recasts after press conference)
* Euro zone periphery govt bond yields http://tmsnrt.rs/2ii2Bqr (Updates prices for close)
* DOES NOT EXPECT ANY FURTHER MAJOR BAD LOAN DISPOSALS Further company coverage: (Reporting by Milan Newsroom)
MILAN, April 17 Intesa Sanpaolo's board on Tuesday approved a 3.6 billion euro deal with Swedish credit management company Intrum that will help the Italian bank to cut its bad loan ratio below a 10 percent threshold.
April 17 Intesa Sanpaolo Chief Eexecutive Carlo Messinsa says:
* INTRUM AND INTESA SANPAOLO ENTER INTO A LONG TERM STRATEGIC PARTNERSHIP, CREATING A MARKET LEADING SERVICER OF NON-PERFORMING LOANS IN ITALY
* REACH A STRATEGIC AGREEMENT WITH INTRUM IN RESPECT OF NON-PERFORMING LOANS
LONDON, April 17 European shares edged up on Tuesday morning as sentiment regarding tensions between the U.S. and Russia eased up with attention shifting to the first-quarter earnings season and deal-making.