Kraft Heinz Co (KHC.O)
19 Oct 2017
* Shares down 0.8 pct (Adds CEO, CFO comments, updates shares, rewrites throughout)
LONDON Unilever reported disappointing third-quarter sales having lost market share to smaller rivals, dampening hopes that a failed takeover bid by Kraft Heinz would spark a swift improvement in performance. | Video
* Bids for spreads business due on Thursday - sources (Adds CFO comments, background, link to Breakingviews column)
Senate Republicans are poised to approve a measure that would help pass Trump’s tax reforms, a special report lifts the lid on a backroom battle threatening a $230 million cryptocurrency venture and thirty years on from the 1987 stock market crash, cautious traders wonder if it could happen again.
LONDON (Reuters Breakingviews) - Unilever’s struggle gives hope to predators. The consumer giant that fended off a bid from Kraft Heinz earlier this year reported weak third-quarter sales on Thursday. Chief Executive Paul Polman is sprucing up brands, but the more pedestrian Unilever’s performance, the more vulnerable it becomes.
China's Q3 economic growth slows as expected, property measures bite
BRIEF-Suntory Beverage says unit selling some food, instant coffee operations to Kraft Heinz for 26 bln yen
* Says unit selling some food, instant coffee operations to Kraft Heinz for 26 billion yen ($230 million) Further company coverage: ($1 = 112.9800 yen) (Reporting By Chris Gallagher)
* Kraft Heinz sells its Madison, Wis., facility to Reich Brothers Holdings, LLC Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
LONDON, Oct 5 Anglo-Dutch consumer group Unilever has invited private equity bidders to submit tentative offers for its $8 billion margarine and spreads business by a deadline of Oct. 19, two sources close to the matter told Reuters.
* No change to L'Oreal stake (Adds investor comments, details)