KKR & Co LP (KKR.N)
HELSINKI Buyout fund CVC Capital has agreed to buy a majority stake in Mehilainen, one of Finland's largest healthcare companies, from private equity companies KKR and Triton.
HELSINKI, May 18 Buyout fund CVC Capital has agreed to buy a majority stake in Mehilainen, one of Finland's largest healthcare companies, from private equity companies KKR and Triton.
* KKR - FUNDS ADVISED BY TRITON, KKR ANNOUNCED SALE OF MEHILÄINEN, LEADING PROVIDER OF PVT HEALTH CARE, SOCIAL SERVICES IN FINLAND, TO CVC CAPITAL PARTNERS
* KKR APPOINTS JOHN PATTAR AS MEMBER AND HEAD OF ASIA PACIFIC REAL ESTATE
HONG KONG Carlyle Group is set to close its biggest-ever Asia private equity fund at $6.5 billion, people with direct knowledge of matter said, in a deal that adds to the record levels of funds seeking deals in the region.
* Fund's target raised from $5 bln after strong investor interest
NEW YORK Private equity firm KKR & Co LP said on Thursday it would convert from a partnership to a corporation after U.S. tax reform made the tax hit less painful, a move that it hopes will boost its share price by attracting more investors.
* First-quarter earnings fall less than expected (Adds market reaction, KKR and Apollo earnings calls comment, Fitch comment)
* SAYS FOCUS IS PRIMARILY ORGANIC GROWTH BUT HAVE LOOKED AT LARGER OPPORTUNITIES WHERE HAVING A REAL M&A CURRENCY WOULD BE VALUABLE; NOW HAVE ABILITY TO PURSUE THOSE MORE AGGRESSIVELY - INVESTOR CALL Further company coverage: (Reporting by Joshua Franklin)
BRIEF-Kkr & Co. Says On A Diluted Basis, Net Income (Loss) Per Common Unit Was $0.32 For The Quarter Ended March 31, 2018
* KKR & CO LP - ON A DILUTED BASIS, NET INCOME (LOSS) PER COMMON UNIT WAS $0.32 FOR THE QUARTER ENDED MARCH 31, 2018