Lenovo Group Ltd (LNVGF.PK)
14 Dec 2017
* SAYS IT DOES NOT HAVE ANY SHARE INVESTMENT PLANS WITH LENOVO
* SAYS MEDIA REPORTS ON LENOVO INTENDS TO ACQUIRE 20 PERCENT SHARES OF COMPAL IS NOT IN LINE WITH THE FACTS - CLARIFYING MEDIA REPORTS Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Reporting by Hong Kong newsroom)
* TOTAL CONSIDERATION INVOLVED UNDER AGREEMENT IS ABOUT RMB1,240 MILLION
HONG KONG Lenovo Group has agreed to buy a majority stake in Fujitsu Ltd's personal computer unit for up to $269 million, in a bid to corner a larger share of a market that is battling weak sales as more people switch to mobile devices.
* Says market conditions to remain challenging in short term (Adds CEO, analyst comments, updates share movement)
* Says it signs a strategic alliance with Lenovo Group Limited and Development Bank of Japan Inc, on Nov. 2, on PC business
* Proposed Joint Venture In Respect Of Fujitsu Client Computing Limited
* Q2 group profit attributable to equity holders of company of us$139 m
HONG KONG, Nov 2 Chinese personal computer maker Lenovo Group on Thursday reported an 11 percent profit drop in second-quarter profit, hurt by supply constraints and continued difficulty in the PC market.
TOKYO, Oct 31 Japan's Nikkei share average slipped on Tuesday, taking its cue from losses on Wall Street after a report that U.S. lawmakers are discussing more gradual corporate tax cuts rather than reducing it more aggressively.