Malayan Banking Bhd (MBBM.KL)
14 Dec 2018
* Singapore index sheds 1.1 pct * Most indexes post weekly decline * Indonesia Nov trade deficit to narrow - poll By Shanima A Dec 14 Most Southeast Asian stock markets closed lower on Friday after a set of weak data from the region's biggest trade partner China signalled at concerns around global economic slowdown and apprehensions over Washington and Beijing's trade negotiations. China's November retail sales grew at the weakest pace since 2003 and industri
* Prevailing external uncertainties a concern for business (Updates with earnings details, executive comments)
KUALA LUMPUR, Nov 29 Malayan Banking Bhd , Malaysia's largest bank by assets, on Thursday posted a 3.4 percent drop in third-quarter profit due to a net loss in investment income, lower fee income and higher allowances for impairment losses.
BANGKOK Thailand's Kasikornbank PCL on Thursday said it has invested $50 million in Singapore's Grab, forming a partnership that will help launch the GrabPay electronic wallet in its sixth Southeast Asian market in 2019.
* Kasikornbank aims to use GrabPay data to formulate loans (Adds executive comments, Kasikornbank plans, Grab funding)
KUALA LUMPUR, Oct 1 Malayan Banking Bhd (Maybank) said on Monday it has promoted two insiders to top positions in its investment banking arm, Maybank Kim Eng Group (MKE).
KUALA LUMPUR, Sept 20 Malaysia's state palm oil plantation agency said on Thursday it will sell assets, including property in London, restructure some loans and try to boost cashflow in a bid to trim debts of nearly $2 billion.
* Expects 2018 financial performance to be "satisfactory" (Adds CFO comments on loan growth)
KUALA LUMPUR, Aug 30 Malayan Banking Bhd (Maybank), Malaysia's largest lender by assets, posted an 18 percent jump in second-quarter profit on Thursday as reductions in expenses and loan provisioning boosted performance.
* Philippine shares jump to 6-week high * Thai stocks up for 5th session in six By Syed Saif Hussain Naqvi July 25 Most Southeast Asian stock markets rose on Wednesday, tracking broader Asia on strong Wall Street earnings and anticipation that China will support growth in its economy through new fiscal policy measures. Overnight on Wall Street, the S&P 500 closed at its highest level since Feb. 1 following a surge in Alphabet Inc shares. "If there are any