Manulife Financial Corp (MFC.TO)
23 Feb 2018
* MANULIFE FINANCIAL CORPORATION ANNOUNCES PREFERRED SHARE ISSUE
TORONTO Manulife Financial Corp on Wednesday reported a decline in fourth-quarter earnings, due in part to higher investment gains boosting earnings in the same period a year earlier.
* Core earnings C$1.2 billion vs C$1.3 billion (Adds details on reported earnings, background on Asian business)
TORONTO, Feb 7 Canada's biggest insurer Manulife Financial Corp on Wednesday reported a decline in fourth-quarter earnings, reflecting lower insurance sales and slower growth at its wealth and asset management business.
* MANULIFE REPORTS 2017 NET INCOME OF $2.1 BILLION, CORE EARNINGS OF $4.6 BILLION, STRONG GROWTH IN ASIA AND WEALTH AND ASSET MANAGEMENT AND A DIVIDEND INCREASE OF 7%
* INCREASED 7% OR 1.5 CENTS PER SHARE TO QUARTERLY SHAREHOLDERS' DIVIDEND Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
Feb 7 Stock futures suggested Canada’s main stock index could shed gains on Wednesday after rebounding in the previous session, as the recovery in share markets lost steam.
TORONTO/NEW YORK Manulife Financial Corp is weighing the sale of a number of U.S. insurance assets after conducting a strategic review of its U.S. operations including John Hancock, people familiar with the plans told Reuters this week.
Jan 29 John Hancock, the U.S. arm of Canada's Manulife Financial, named Brooks Tingle CEO of its insurance business.
* BROOKS TINGLE NAMED PRESIDENT AND CEO JOHN HANCOCK INSURANCE
|Metlife Inc (MET.N)||$47.47||+0.84|
|Metlife Inc (MET_pa.N)||$25.00||+0.22|
|Metlife Inc (MLG)||47.80zł||--|
|Great-West Lifeco Inc (GWO.TO)||$34.50||+0.29|
|Great-West Lifeco Inc (GWO_po.TO)||$19.40||+0.10|
|Great-West Lifeco Inc (GWO_px.TO)||--||--|
|Great-West Lifeco Inc (GWO_pf.TO)||$25.62||-0.18|
|Great-West Lifeco Inc (GWO_pi.TO)||$21.53||-0.11|
|Power Financial Corp (PWF.TO)||$33.61||+0.34|
|Industrial Alliance Insur. & Fin. Ser. (IAG.TO)||$55.64||-0.48|