Markel Corp (MKL.N)
17 Nov 2017
* Markel Corp - Anne Waleski plans to transition from her role as CFO of company by end of Q1 of 2019
(The following statement was released by the rating agency) CHICAGO, October 30 (Fitch) Fitch Ratings assigns a senior unsecured debt rating of 'BBB+' to Markel Corporation's (NYSE: MKL) new issues of $300 million senior notes due 2027 and $300 million due 2047. In addition, Fitch affirms all of MKL's ratings with a Stable Outlook. The affirmations include the Insurer Financial Strength rating of its operating subsidiaries at 'A+' (Strong), MKL's outstanding senior notes at 'BBB+' and Issuer Def
* Q3 earnings per share view $-16.17 -- Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* Markel-Expects Q3 pre-tax underwriting losses of $503 million, net of reinstatement premiums, from hurricanes Harvey, Irma & Maria & Mexico earthquakes Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
Oct 2 London-based specialist insurer Markel International has appointed Trevor McAuley as subsea equipment underwriter and Katie Costello as hull and war underwriter in its marine, energy and property business.
* Q2 earnings per share view $6.57 -- Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S
BRIEF-Markel signs agreement to acquire majority interest in Costa Farms and its related operating companies
* Markel Corp - entered into a definitive agreement for markel to acquire a majority interest in Costa Farms and its related operating companies Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
July 26 The following bids, mergers, acquisitions and disposals were reported by 1320 GMT on Wednesday:
BRIEF-State National Cos to pay termination fee of about $13.8 million to Markel if Markel, co terminates merger deal
* State National Cos-to pay termination fee of about $13.8 million to markel if Markel, co terminates merger deal due to stockholder approval not being obtained
U.S. insurer Markel Corp said on Wednesday it would buy property and casualty insurer State National Companies Inc for about $919 million.