Marks and Spencer Group PLC (MKS.L)
19 Jan 2018
LONDON, Jan 18 British retailer Marks & Spencer has recruited a marketing director for its food business as it seeks to get the division back on track after a year of underperformance.
* MARKS AND SPENCER GROUP - RESTRUCTURED MARKETING TEAM AS PART OF ONGOING PROGRAMME OF CHANGE UNDER FIVE-YEAR TRANSFORMATION PLAN
* MARKS & SPENCER EXTENDS CUSTOMER CONTACT PARTNERSHIP WITH CAPITA BY FIVE YEARS
LONDON, Jan 17 Marks & Spencer said on Wednesday it would open a huge new clothing and homeware logistics centre in 2019, as part of the British retailer's strategy of simplifying its distribution network.
* MARKS AND SPENCER-NEW 495,000 SQ FT CLOTHING & HOME DISTRIBUTION CENTRE TO OPEN IN WELHAM GREEN IN 2019
* CO SELECTED AS PRINCIPAL TECHNOLOGY PARTNER BY MARKS & SPENCER Source text - http://bit.ly/2FDaCPm Further company coverage:
LONDON, Jan 12 British retailer B&M reported strong trading in the last quarter of 2017, underlining the appeal of discount retailers in the Christmas period to increasingly budget-conscious consumers.
* M&S shares fall by as much as 7 percent (Adds detail, CEO, analyst comment, other retailers, updates shares)
LONDON (Reuters Breakingviews) - Marks & Spencer is looking a bit dowdy. The high street retailer’s food and clothing arms met quarterly forecasts, but both have strategic issues. This wouldn’t matter if M&S was seeing 25 percent growth in online sales, like jazzier rival Boohoo. But a 5 percent share dip on Jan. 11 can partly be attributed to the fact it isn’t.
LONDON, Jan 11 European share trading got off to a hesitant start on Thursday as concerns over protectionism and a bond market sell-off made the breakneck New Year rally in equities fizzle out.