Melrose Industries PLC (MRON.L)
24 Sep 2018
Sept 6 The following are the top stories on the business pages of British newspapers. Reuters has not verified these stories and does not vouch for their accuracy.
Aug 28 Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening 46 points higher at 7,623 on Tuesday, according to financial bookmakers with futures up 0.6 percent ahead of the cash market open.
Aug 28 Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening 46 points higher at 7,623 on Tuesday, according to financial bookmakers. * FAROE PETROLEUM: Norwegian oil firm DNO on Monday withdrew its request for seats on the board of Faroe Petroleum amid an escalating war of words between the two companies. * MELROSE INDUSTRIAL: British turnaround firm Melrose Industries Plc's plans to divest one of its U.S.-based units fell through, The Times reported http://bit.ly/2wixBw0 on Tu
* NOW ACQUIRED, UNCONDITIONALLY CONTRACTED TO ACQUIRE OR RECEIVED VALID ACCEPTANCES OF OFFER IN RESPECT OF MORE THAN 90 PERCENT OF VALUE OF GKN
LONDON Britain's business minister said there were no national security grounds to intervene in turnaround specialist Melrose's takeover of UK engineering company GKN , giving the deal the green light from government.
* GKN QUARTERLY SALES 2.599 BILLION STG VERSUS 2.611 BILLION STG YEAR AGO
* MELROSE'S OFFER FOR GKN HAS BECOME UNCONDITIONAL IN ALL RESPECTS
* MELROSE INDUSTRIES PLC - MELROSE HAD RECEIVED VALID ACCEPTANCES REPRESENTING APPROXIMATELY 84.97 PER CENT
* ALL OUTSTANDING CONDITIONS TO GKN OFFER, SAVE FOR ADMISSION CONDITION, HAVE NOW BEEN SATISFIED OR WAIVED
* MELROSE HAS RECEIVED VALID ACCEPTANCES REPRESENTING APPROXIMATELY 81.80 PER CENT. OF VOTING RIGHTS OF GKN