WM Morrison Supermarkets PLC (MRW.L)
23 Feb 2018
* Reported increase below that of Tesco, Sainsbury's, Morrisons
* MORRISONS ANNOUNCES ACQUISITION OF YORKSHIRE EGG BUSINESS CHIPPINDALE FOODS Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* Tesco, Sainsbury's made similar moves last month (Adds detail)
* General merchandise sales fall, clothing sales growth slows
* European shares rally continues on cyclical strength * STOXX 600 benchmark at fresh 2-1/2 year highs * Global earnings revisions at all-time high - Citi * European stocks offer catch-up potential - UBS * Morrisons gains after Xmas update beats expectations Jan 9 Welcome to the home for real time coverage of European equity markets brought to you by Reuters stocks reporters and anchored today by Helen Reid. Reach her on Messenger to share your thoughts on ma
* Squeezed UK shoppers focus on food, drink over Christmas (Adds detail on discounters, analyst comment, updates shares)
LONDON, Jan 9 The UK's top share index came within a whisker of a record high on Tuesday as Morrisons led a buoyant retail sector on the back of a well-received Christmas trading update.
LONDON Britain's biggest supermarket group Tesco was the best performer over Christmas, Kantar Worldpanel said on Tuesday, with a 3.1 percent rise in sales in the past 12 weeks beating its "big four" rivals Sainsbury's, Asda and Morrisons.
(Adds table, quote) LONDON, Jan 9 Britain's biggest supermarket group Tesco was the best performer over Christmas, Kantar Worldpanel said on Tuesday, with a 3.1 percent rise in sales in the past 12 weeks beating its "big four" rivals Sainsbury's, Asda and Morrisons. Asda, owned by Walmart, increased sales by 2.2 percent in the period to Dec. 31, while 2.1 percent more came through the tills at Morrisons and Sainsbury's was up 2.0 percent, the research group said. But gro
LONDON, Jan 9 Tesco saw the strongest overall sales growth amongst Britain's big four supermarket chains over the key Christmas quarter, industry data showed on Tuesday. Researcher Nielsen said market leader Tesco's sales rose 3.4 percent year-on-year in the 12 weeks to Dec. 30. That was ahead of growth of 2.1, 1.7 and 1.2 percent at Asda , Morrisons and Sainsbury's respectively. Tesco held its market share at 27.5 percent, while the other three saw their shares slip