Modern Times Group MTG AB (MTGb.ST)
24 May 2018
STOCKHOLM, April 23 Media group MTG said on Monday that plans to split the company were proceeding according to plan after beating first-quarter profit expectations.
* Q1 RECORD Q1 SALES OF SEK 4,674M (3,704) WITH 9% ORGANIC GROWTH
STOCKHOLM Swedish media group MTG said on Friday it would split in two, demerging its Nordic TV business and listing it on the stock exchange after a sale of the unit fell through last month.
* Analyst says separate companies more likely to be bought (Adds MTG comment, analyst comment, shares)
STOCKHOLM, March 23 Swedish media group MTG said on Friday it would split the company in two by distributing all the shares in its Nordic TV business, Nordic Entertainment Group, to MTG's shareholders, and list them on the Nasdaq Stockholm exchange.
* MTG TO SPLIT IN TWO AND DISTRIBUTE SHARES IN NORDIC ENTERTAINMENT GROUP TO SHAREHOLDERS
* SAYS MTG SELLS ITS 95% SHAREHOLDING IN NOVA BROADCASTING GROUP IN BULGARIA TO PPF GROUP
COPENHAGEN, Feb 12 Danish telecoms operator TDC has been approached by a potential bidder for all of its shares and will withdraw from its $2.5 billion takeover of MTG's broadcasting and entertainment business if such a bid materialises.
* DECLINES TO COMMENT ON MTG'S STATEMENT SAYING THAT TDC INTENDS TO WITHDRAW ITS RECOMMENDATION OF THE SIGNED AGREEMENT WITH MTG TO MERGE TV BUSINESSES
STOCKHOLM Sweden's MTG said on Monday it had been informed by TDC that the Danish operator's board intends to withdraw its recommendation of a deal with MTG to combine its Nordic Entertainment and MTG Studios businesses with TDC.