MTN Group Ltd (MTNJ.J)
19 Mar 2018
* Shares surge as much as 13 pct (Recasts with dividend policy, adds shares, analysts comment)
JOHANNESBURG, March 8 MTN Group, Africa's biggest mobile phone operator, returned to annual profit in 2017 in the absence of one-off charges related to a $1.1 billion Nigerian fine.
* FOR THE 12-MONTH PERIOD ENDED 31 DECEMBER 2017, SEES FULL YEAR HEADLINE EARNINGS PER SHARE OF BETWEEN 170 CENTS PER SHARE AND 190 CENTS PER SHARE
KAMPALA, Feb 27 A Ugandan Internet service provider that uses Vodafone's brand under license has obtained court protection against creditors after high operational costs pushed it into financial difficulties, an official said.
* GAMING BATTLE GROUND PTY HAS EXECUTED CONTENT DISTRIBUTION AGREEMENT WITH MTN GROUP LTD, AFRICA'S MOBILE-NETWORK OPERATOR Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* MTN GROUP - EXPECTS TO REPORT AN IMPROVEMENT OF AT LEAST 20% IN BOTH HEPS AND EPS FOR 12-MONTH PERIOD ENDED 31 DECEMBER 2017
JOHANNESBURG, Dec 28 MTN Group, Africa's biggest mobile phone operator, said on Thursday it had assigned a $231 million shareholder loan to phone tower group, IHS Holding Ltd, impacting its 2017 profits.
JOHANNESBURG, Nov 9 South African telecoms giant MTN Group said on Thursday Benin's regulator was reviewing its local unit's reasons for not paying $213 million in frequency fees for 2016 and 2017.
* MTN BENIN RECEIVED NOTIFICATION FROM ARCEP ON NOV 8 THAT A PROCESS WAS INITIATED TO REVIEW OUTSTANDING INVOICES ON FREQUENCY FEES FOR 2016 AND 2017
ABUJA, Nov 8 Nigeria's Senate approved on Wednesday a report largely exonerating South African telecoms company MTN Group Ltd's Nigerian unit, after the business was accused of illegally repatriating $14 billion to its parent.