Myer Holdings Ltd (MYR.AX)
19 Jun 2018
May 23 Australia's Myer Holdings Ltd has dismissed charges by top shareholder Solomon Lew of engaging in an "extreme" discount program, and said Lew's Premier Investments Ltd is conflicted due to being a major supplier and competitor of Myer.
* Shares climb 14 pct, still less than half their value a year ago (Adds shareholder quote in last two paragraphs)
May 16 Australia's biggest department store chain, Myer Holdings Ltd, posted a 2.7 percent drop in third-quarter sales on Wednesday, hit by an unseasonably warm start to winter.
April 23 Australia's biggest department store operator Myer Holdings Ltd said on Monday it hired John King, a former head of Britain's House of Fraser Ltd, as its new chief executive officer.
* JOHN KING HAS BEEN APPOINTED AS CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER AND MANAGING DIRECTOR Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
SYDNEY Top Australian department store chain Myer Holdings Ltd slumped to its biggest half-yearly loss since listing as it wrote off the value of its underperforming assets, conceding flawed execution of its strategy and an inadequate response to online competition.
* Myer H1 net loss A$476.2 mln vs A$62.8 mln net profit prior year
* MYER HOLDINGS - AGREED ALL BOARD MEMBERS WILL TARGET SHAREHOLDING IN CO THAT IS EQUIVALENT TO AT LEAST ONE YEAR'S DIRECTOR'S FEES WITHIN THREE YEARS
* H1 LOSS ATTRIBUTABLE TO OWNERS OF MYER HOLDINGS LTD $476.2 MILLION VERSUS PROFIT OF $62.8 MILLION
* H1 NET LOSS INCLUDES A NON-CASH IMPAIRMENT CHARGE OF $500.2 MILLION (POST-TAX)