Myer Holdings Ltd (MYR.AX)
19 Feb 2018
* No. 2 shareholder has so far supported the Myer board (Recasts and writes through, adds shares)
SYDNEY, Feb 19 The biggest shareholder in Australia's Myer Holdings Ltd said he will formally request a meeting to oust the entire board within weeks, accusing the department store firm of lying to investors about the success of its turnaround plan.
* CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER AND MANAGING DIRECTOR, RICHARD UMBERS, HAS TODAY STEPPED DOWN FROM HIS ROLE
* Shareholder plans to overthrow entire board (Recasts throughout, adds Lew quote)
* ANTICIPATES 1H 2018 NPAT TO BE BETWEEN $37 MILLION AND $41 MILLION
Feb 9 Australian Myer Holdings Ltd said it expects its first half net profit after tax to be in the range of A$37 million to A$41 million ($29 million to $32 million), while flagging a possible writedown, due to a decline in trading conditions.
* REQUESTED CURRENT COPY OF BOTH MYER'S REGISTER OF MEMBERS AND REGISTER MAINTAINED BY MYER
* Myer shares down 0.8 pct, Premier shares down 0.6 pct (Adds Premier quote, shares, background and analyst quote)
SYDNEY, Feb 7 The largest shareholder of embattled Australian department store operator Myer Holdings Ltd on Wednesday proposed a meeting of shareholders to vote on replacing the company's board.
* SUPREME COURT OF VICTORIA HANDED DOWN JUDGMENT IN FAVOUR OF MYER AND DISMISSED CLAIMS MADE BY LANDLORD Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: