National Australia Bank Ltd (NAB.AX)
24 May 2019
LONDON Europe's listed companies are expected to generate 1.2 trillion euros (£1.04 trillion) in revenue from the United States this year, highlighting what's at stake as global trade tensions grow and earnings and economic growth stall.
* ANZ, Macquarie trade ex-dividend; NAB, Westpac to follow soon
LONDON, May 2 About 150 companies have launched a London lawsuit against Britain's Clydesdale Bank and its former owner, National Australia Bank, alleging they were deceived when they took business loans from the bank up to 18 years ago.
LONDON, May 2 Almost 150 claimants have filed a lawsuit against Britain's Clydesdale Bank and former owner National Australia Bank in London, alleging thousands of business loans were mis-sold in a potential multimillion pound claim.
SYDNEY National Australia Bank Ltd posted a 7 percent rise in first-half cash profit on Thursday, as strong revenue and above average lending growth in Australia and New Zealand more than offset lower margins and higher bad debt charges.
* Results misses analysts expectations, shares fall (Adds higher credit charges impact, UBS comment, shares)
May 2 National Australia Bank Ltd posted a 7 percent rise in first-half cash profit on Thursday, but cut its dividend as the country's fourth-largest lender grapples with rising costs of compensating customers.
* Indexes down: Dow 0.22%, S&P 500 0.22%, Nasdaq 0.23% (Adds aftermarket moves for Microsoft and Facebook shares)
* Indexes down: Dow 0.22%, S&P 500 0.22%, Nasdaq 0.23% (Updates to close, adds commentary)
* Indexes down: Dow 0.11%, S&P 0.09%, Nasdaq 0.04% (Updates to late afternoon, adds commentary, changes byline, adds New York dateline)