Navistar International Corp (NAV.N)
13 Jul 2018
FRANKFURT Volkswagen Truck & Bus on Friday appointed mergers and acquisitions specialist Christian Schulz as its new finance chief, as the division seeks to tap capital markets to fund an expansion plan which could result in the acquisition of rival Navistar.
* VW Truck & Bus eyes capital markets for expansion (Adds further details on CFO designate, background)
Truck maker Navistar International Corp warned its profit margins for the year would be hit by weakness in its more profitable auto parts business and high freight costs, taking the shine off its upbeat forecast.
* Margin worries weigh on shares (Adds details from conference call)
June 5 Navistar International Corp on Tuesday reported a 15.6 percent rise in quarterly revenue, helped by robust demand for its trucks.
BRIEF-Johnson Controls Wins Contracts With Navistar And Man Truck And Bus To Support Increasing Electrical Demands On Fleets In North America And Globally
* JOHNSON CONTROLS WINS CONTRACTS WITH NAVISTAR AND MAN TRUCK AND BUS TO SUPPORT INCREASING ELECTRICAL DEMANDS ON FLEETS IN NORTH AMERICA AND GLOBALLY
* RAYMOND T. MILLER APPOINTED TO NAVISTAR BOARD OF DIRECTORS Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
BRIEF-Volkswagen Truck & Bus GmbH Responds To Reports That Suggest An Acquisition Of Navistar By VW T&B Is Under Consideration
* VOLKSWAGEN TRUCK & BUS GMBH - RESPONDS TO REPORTS THAT SUGGEST AN ACQUISITION OF NAVISTAR BY VW T&B IS UNDER CONSIDERATION - SEC FILING
MUNICH Volkswagen is open to buying a majority stake in U.S. truckmaker Navistar "at some point," it said on Monday, as the German automaker prepares its trucks business for a possible stock market listing that could help raise funds to expand.
* CFO says could pay for deal without trucks unit IPO (Adds detail on possible IPO preparations, CEO comment and background)
|Toyota Motor Corp (7203.T)||¥7,278||+44.00|
|MITSUBISHI MOTORS CORPORATION (7211.T)||¥882||+1.00|
|Isuzu Motors Ltd (7202.T)||¥1,448||+27.50|
|Hino Motors Ltd (7205.T)||¥1,190||+17.00|
|Volvo AB (VOLVb.ST)||147.55kr||--|
|Volvo AB (VOLVa.ST)||147.60kr||--|
|Ford Motor Company (F.N)||$10.98||-0.07|
|Ford Motor Company (F_pa)||--||--|
|Daimler AG (DAIGn.DE)||€57.25||--|
|Scania AB (SCVb.ST)||--||--|