Nielsen Holdings PLC (NLSN.N)
21 Sep 2018
Nielsen Holdings Plc will expand a review of strategic alternatives to include a sale of the entire TV ratings company, the firm told Reuters on Tuesday, after coming under pressure to do so from hedge fund Elliott Management Corp.
* Indexes down: Dow 0.50 pct, S&P 500 0.40 pct, Nasdaq 0.25 pct (Updates to market close)
* Dow down 0.23 pct, S&P 500 down 0.10 pct, Nasdaq up 0.08 pct (Updates to late afternoon, changes dateline to NEW YORK, changes byline)
* Graphic: World FX rates in 2018 https://reut.rs/2vFv6Ue (Changes comment, adds details, updates prices)
Elliott Management, one of the world's biggest hedge funds, disclosed that it held a large stake in information services company Nielsen Holdings and urged it to considering selling itself.
Aug 13 Elliott Management, one of the world's biggest hedge funds, disclosed that it held a large stake in information services company Nielsen Holdings and urged it to considering selling itself.
* Indexes: Dow down 0.17 pct, S&P up 0.03, Nasdaq up 0.20 pct
* Graphic: World FX rates in 2018 https://reut.rs/2vFv6Ue (Updates to open)
Aug 13 Activist investor Elliott Management Corp disclosed a 5.1 percent stake on Monday in TV-ratings company Nielsen Holdings, sending the company's shares up 12.4 percent before the bell. (https://bit.ly/2MlYokd)
Activist investor Elliott Management Corp has taken a large stake in Nielsen Holdings Plc as it plans to push the TV-ratings company to sell itself, the Wall Street Journal reported on Sunday, citing sources.