Noble Group Ltd (NOBG.SI)
22 Nov 2017
* Unit had on 16 November 2017 entered into an investment agreement with Mkango Resources Limited
HONG KONG, Nov 17 Fitch Ratings cut commodity trader Noble Group's debt rating on Friday to two notches above default, citing the company's commencement of discussions on a debt restructuring.
BRIEF-Mkango Resources enters into agreement with Noble Group unit Talaxis to fund development of rare earths project in Malawi
* Mkango enters into agreement with Talaxis to fund development of Songwe hill rare earths project in Malawi and commercialisation of New Magnet technologies Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
HONG KONG/SINGAPORE Struggling commodities trader Noble Group has started talks with stakeholders to restructure its debt and secure trade finances in a bid to keep its business running, just weeks after it agreed to sell some assets and flagged a massive loss.
SINGAPORE, Nov 15 Struggling commodities trader Noble Group said it has started talks with stakeholders about potential options to address its capital structure and lack of liquidity, as part of a strategic review.
* Moody's doubts Noble's ability to generate profit, cash flow
* Refers to proposed disposal of all issued and outstanding capital stock of Noble Americas Corp
SINGAPORE/HONG KONG Commodities trader Noble Group reported a third-quarter loss of $1.17 billion, hit by charges from disposals of some of its businesses, and warned that the operating environment remains challenging.
* Shares trading at 17-year low, down 84 pct this year (Adds details of results, bonds price move)
HONG KONG/SINGAPORE, Nov 9 Noble Group's strategy to service its debt and turn around its businesses will be in the spotlight on Thursday as the commodities trader prepares to unveil a massive quarterly loss, hit by one-time charges. The Singapore-listed company, once among the world's biggest traders, is shrinking to an Asian-centric firm focused mainly on coal and LNG, after slashing jobs and selling assets to cut debt and emerge from two years of crisis.