Novartis AG (NOVN.S)
20 Apr 2018
Biogen Inc struck a $1 billion neurology drug development deal with Ionis Pharmaceuticals on Friday, expanding a partnership that developed the company's potential blockbuster drug for spinal muscular atrophy.
Procter & Gamble Co (P&G) has agreed to acquire Merck KGaA's consumer health unit for 3.4 billion euros ($4.2 billion), giving it vitamin brands such as Seven Seas and greater exposure to Latin American and Asian markets.
* Merck to update earnings guidance at Q1 results (Adds Breakingviews link)
BRIEF-Novartis AG CFO Says Q2 Core Operating Profit Growth To Be In Low To Mid Single Digits, Improvements To Come
* CFO SAYS Q2 CORE OPERATING PROFIT GROWTH TO BE IN LOW TO MID SINGLE DIGITS, FOLLOWED BY IMPROVEMENTS LATER IN YEAR
ZURICH Swiss drugmaker Novartis' first quarterly results under new CEO Vas Narasimhan have been marred by a prized psoriasis treatment that disappointed and a sharp slump in sales by its U.S. generics unit.
* Cosentyx sales drop since Q4 worries analysts (Adds comments from CEO, updates shares)
BRIEF-Novartis expects cost cuts, rising Entresto, Cosentyx sales to help meet 2018 op. profit targets
* CEO SAYS BELIEVES COSENTYX SALES FOR FULL YEAR WILL BE IN LINE WITH CONSENSUS, HAD SOME DESTOCKING BY SPECIALTY PHARMA IN Q1 BUT BELIEVES DRUG WILL OVERCOME THAT
* Merck to update earnings guidance at Q1 results (Adds background on industry, M&A, implications for P&G business)
* SAYS APPOINTS JOHN TSAI HEAD OF GLOBAL DRUG DEVELOPMENT AND CHIEF MEDICAL OFFICER Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Reporting by John Miller)
ZURICH, April 19 Swiss drugmaker Novartis posted a 10 percent rise in first-quarter sales, more than analysts expected, as new Chief Executive Officer Vas Narasimhan got a boost from a weaker U.S. dollar and rising revenue from new medicines.