Naspers Ltd (NPNJn.J)
15 Nov 2018
Nov 12 The following bids, mergers, acquisitions and disposals were reported by 2100 GMT on Monday:
JOHANNESBURG, Nov 12 South Africa's competition watchdog has ruled that a distribution deal between MultiChoice, Naspers' pay-TV business and the country's public broadcaster in 2013 constituted a notifiable merger.
* Naspers down nearly 3 percent tracking Tencent (Updates levels, add quotes)
LONDON (Reuters Breakingviews) - As the world investment spotlight illuminated Riyadh last month, bosses of limelight-shunning Naspers stayed at home to unveil plans to pour $315 million into South African tech startups. That’s small compared to SoftBank’s $93 billion Vision Fund, powered in part by Saudi petrodollars. But the emerging market internet giant’s quietly-quietly $8 billion tech war chest is still worth watching.
JOHANNESBURG, Oct 29 South Africa's rand firmed on Monday, in line with other emerging market currencies, which have slowly restored gains after recent sharp losses.
* Stocks end another week lower, Naspers slumps (Updates figures and quotes)
JOHANNESBURG, Oct 26 South African media and e-commerce giant Naspers said on Friday it would invest 4.6 billion rand ($315 million) over the next three years in its technology businesses and to fund technology start-ups.
* Naspers falls nearly 4 pct, leads stocks to 16-month low (Updates figures)
* Stocks fall, Naspers dips almost 6 percent (Updates prices, adds analyst quote)
* Market rebound over 2 pct, Naspers surges 8 pct (Adds latest prices, analyst comments)