NEX Group PLC (NXGN.L)
* APRIL SPOT FX VOLUMES AT $83.4 BILLION, UP 10% YEAR-ON-YEAR Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Reuters.Briefs@thomsonreuters.com)
* SPOT FX VOLUMES FOR MARCH 2018 UP 7 PERCENT TO $92.7 BILLION Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
LONDON British companies have been swept up in a global boom in dealmaking that has seen the amount of M&A involving UK firms hit its highest level since 2007.
LONDON U.S. exchange operator CME Group has agreed to buy NEX Group for $5.5 billion to create a cross-border powerhouse for investors trading in the multi-trillion dollar foreign exchange and government debt markets.
* Analysts, shareholders eye counterbids (Adds context on exchange mergers, analyst, lawyer comments, updates share movement)
* CME AND NEX HAVE REACHED AGREEMENT ON TERMS OF A RECOMMENDED ACQUISITION WHEREBY ENTIRE ISSUED AND TO BE ISSUED SHARE CAPITAL OF NEX
U.S. exchange operator CME Group is in advanced talks to buy Britain's NEX Group for about 3.8 billion pounds ($5.4 billion) to create a cross-border trading powerhouse.
* Deal would create cross-border trading powerhouse (Adds context, shares)
* CONFIRMS HAS RECEIVED NON-BINDING PROPOSAL FROM CME GROUP INC REGARDING A POTENTIAL ACQUISITION OF NEX AT A PRICE OF £10 PER SHARE
March 28 U.S. exchange operator CME Group Inc is in advanced talks to acquire Britain's NEX Group Plc for about 4 billion pounds ($5.64 billion), Bloomberg reported, citing people with knowledge of the matter. https://bloom.bg/2E28b6Z