Provident Financial PLC (PFG.L)
14 Dec 2017
* Shares fall as much as 15.9 pct http://bit.ly/2BLIZBJ (Adds details, share movement, analyst comments)
Dec 5 British lender Provident Financial said the country's financial watchdog had opened an investigation into Moneybarn, its car and van financing arm.
* HAS BEEN INFORMED THAT FINANCIAL CONDUCT AUTHORITY (FCA) HAS COMMENCED AN INVESTIGATION INTO MONEYBARN
* PROVIDENT FINANCIAL PLC - STUART SINCLAIR ASSUMES ROLE OF SENIOR INDEPENDENT DIRECTOR WITH IMMEDIATE EFFECT
Nov 24 British subprime lender Provident Financial Plc said Executive Chairman Manjit Wolstenholme died at age 53 on Thursday.
* SAYS THAT EXECUTIVE CHAIRMAN MANJIT WOLSTENHOLME HAS PASSED AWAY SUDDENLY ON NOV 23, 2017
LONDON Hedge fund Kerrisdale Capital has taken a short position in drugmaker Prothena , a company backed by UK investor Neil Woodford, calling it "the next big biotech blowup".
* Prothena shares drop 9 percent (Updates with latest share price)
LONDON, Nov 8 Hedge fund Kerrisdale Capital has taken a short position on drugmaker Prothena, a company backed by UK investor Neil Woodford, calling it "the next big biotech blowup".
* PROVIDENT FINANCIAL APPOINTS NORTHERN ROCK 'RESCUE EXECUTIVE' RICK HUNKIN AS ITS FIRST CHIEF RISK OFFICER- SOURCE Further company coverage: (Bengaluru Newsroom: +91 80 6749 1136)