Jean Coutu Group PJC Inc (PJCa.TO)
16 Feb 2018
* JEAN COUTU GROUP PJC-REVENUES AMOUNTED TO $758.9 MILLION FOR QUARTER ENDED DECEMBER 2, 2017, COMPARED WITH $763.7 MILLION FOR QUARTER ENDED NOVEMBER 26, 2016
* JEAN COUTU GROUP SHAREHOLDERS APPROVE COMBINATION WITH METRO
* Jean Coutu Group Pjc Inc - for quarter ended September 2, 2017, on a same-store basis, PJC network's retail sales increased by 4.0% Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* Metro enters into agreements to sell the majority of its holding in alimentation Couche-Tard
Oct 11 Canada's Metro Inc said on Wednesday it would sell a major portion of its stake in Alimentation Couche Tard Inc to fund its C$4.5 billion acquisition of pharmacy chain Jean Coutu Group.
Metro Inc, Canada's third biggest food retailer, said on Monday it would buy pharmacy chain Jean Coutu Group for C$4.5 billion ($3.60 billion).
TORONTO, Oct 2 Metro Inc, Canada's third-biggest food retailer, on Monday agreed to buy pharmacy chain Jean Coutu Group for C$4.5 billion ($3.6 billion) for cash and stock, paying what analysts said was a "steep" premium to protect against risks facing the retail sector.
Oct 2 Metro Inc, Canada's third biggest food retailer, said on Monday it would buy pharmacy chain Jean Coutu Group for C$4.5 billion ($3.60 billion).
Metro Inc , Canada's third-biggest food retailer said on Wednesday it was in talks to buy pharmacy chain Jean Coutu Group in a deal that values the company at C$4.5 billion ($3.62 billion), sending shares of the target surging to multi-year highs.
* Offer is 6.1 pct premium to Jean Coutu price before trading halt