Punjab National Bank (PNBK.NS)
MUMBAI, May 16 Indian federal police have filed charges against five further people including jeweller Mehul Choksi as part of a probe into an alleged $2 billion fraud at state-run Punjab National Bank (PNB), two police sources said.
* Finacle also in talks with overseas lenders (Adds executive comments, details of the network, context)
* Gross bad loans as pct of total loans jump (Adds further details on results from presentation)
May 15 Punjab National Bank, the fourth-biggest Indian lender by assets, posted a $1.98 billion fourth-quarter net loss after being hit by a massive fraud.
* KEEPS MCLR UNCHANGED ACROSS ALL TENORS W.E.F MAY 1 Source text - https://bit.ly/2KmPm2F Further company coverage:
* Loans: Oil giant’s US$1bn borrowing to test foreign currency liquidity
* CLARIFIES ON NEWS ITEM, SIX BANKS, INCLUDING PNB, CHEATED OF 1.87 BILLION RUPEES'
NEW DELHI India's state-run Punjab National Bank (PNB) is conducting an internal investigation into an alleged $2 billion fraud and more heads could roll, its chief executive said in an interview on Wednesday.
To access the newsletter, click on the link: http://share.thomsonreuters.com/assets/newsletters/Indiamorning/MNC_IN_04092018.pdf If you would like to receive this newsletter via email, please register at: https://forms.thomsonreuters.com/india-morning/ FACTORS TO WATCH 10:45 am: Defense Minister Nirmala Sitharaman, NITI Aayog CEO Amitabh Kant and Bharat Forge CMD Baba Kalyani at CII Annual Session in New Delhi. 01:30 pm: Commerce and Civil Aviation Minister Sur
NEW DELHI, April 8 A special court of India's Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) issued non-bailable warrants against two Indian jewellers who are central figures in an alleged $2 billion scam at state-run Punjab National Bank (PNB), according to a source within the investigative agency.