Prysmian SpA (PRY.MI)
13 Dec 2017
* WINS 80 MILLION EURO ORDER FROM ELECTRICITY & WATER AUTHORITY OF BAHRAIN Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Gdynia Newsroom)
MILAN Italian cable maker Prysmian is looking at three more M&A targets, its CEO Valerio Battista said on Tuesday, the day after announcing a $3 billion deal to buy U.S. rival General Cable .
MILAN, Dec 5 Italian cable maker Prysmian is looking at three more M&A targets, its CEO Valerio Battista said on Tuesday, the day after announcing a $3 billion deal to buy U.S. rival General Cable.
* CEO VALERIO BATTISTA SAYS SEES THREE ADDITIONAL POTENTIAL M&A TARGETS OPERATING IN ASIA, NORTH AMERICA AND ONE WORLDWIDE
* CEO VALERIO BATTISTA SAYS NET PRESENT VALUE OF SYNERGIES EXPECTED FROM GENERAL CABLE DEAL IS AROUND 1.2 BILLION EUROS
Dec 5 Prysmian Chief Executive Valerio Battista says:
The following factors could affect Italian markets on Tuesday.
* GENERAL CABLE CORP SAYS IF MERGER AGREEMENT BETWEEN CO & PRYSMIAN TERMINATED, CO TO PAY A TERMINATION FEE IN THE AMOUNT OF $47 MILLION - SEC FILING Source: (http://bit.ly/2BIdBUT) Further company coverage:
MILAN Italian cable maker Prysmian has agreed to pay a hefty premium to buy U.S. rival General Cable in a $3 billion deal struck despite competing bids from Chinese and European groups.
* Tightens grip on market leadership (Adds Prysmian executives comments, share reaction, analyst comment)