Pearson PLC (PSON.L)
22 Feb 2018
* PEARSON FUNDING FIVE PLC AND PEARSON PLC ANNOUNCE FINAL RESULTS OF CASH TENDER OFFERS
NEW YORK World shares advanced on Wednesday to touch a record as Wall Street rallied on a rebound in technology shares while economic reports supported the dollar and optimism over global growth.
* Tech shares lead Wall St higher but Goldman, Bank of America lag
* APPOINTS MICHAEL LYNTON, CHAIRMAN OF SNAPCHAT AND FORMER CHAIRMAN AND CEO OF SONY ENTERTAINMENT TO BOARD OF DIRECTORS
* PEARSON - HAS AGREED SALE OF WALL STREET ENGLISH (WSE) TO A CONSORTIUM CONSISTING OF FUNDS AFFILIATED WITH BARING PRIVATE EQUITY ASIA AND CITIC CAPITAL
HONG KONG Chinese investors are stepping up their hunt for education assets overseas as more Chinese students seek access to Western educational resources at home or abroad.Private equity firm Citic Capital has submitted a bid for Study Group, according to two sources. Providence Equity Partners, a U.S.-based private equity group, is selling the Sydney-headquartered company, which provides language and preparatory courses for university students, for up to $1 billion, the sources sai
* HAS TODAY COMPLETED SALE OF A 22 PCT STAKE IN PENGUIN RANDOM HOUSE VENTURE TO OUR PARTNER BERTELSMANN SE & CO KGAA Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
HONG KONG/LONDON, Sept 22 North Asia private equity firm MBK Partners is preparing a bid to buy language learning business Wall Street English (WSE) from Pearson PLC , the world's biggest education company, three people with direct knowledge of the matter said.