Royal Bank of Scotland Group PLC (RBS.L)
26 Apr 2018
BRIEF-Rbs Chief Executive Ross Mcewan Says Has 'Given Up Commenting' On Timing Of Settlement With U.S. Justice Department
* RBS CHIEF EXECUTIVE ROSS MCEWAN SAYS HAS 'GIVEN UP COMMENTING' ON TIMING OF SETTLEMENT WITH U.S. JUSTICE DEPARTMENT Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
LONDON Royal Bank of Scotland on Friday reported a much stronger than expected attributable pre-tax profit of 792 million pounds ($1.10 billion) in the first quarter, as costs from legal fines and restructuring fell.
* Net interest margin squeezed by competition (Adds further details)
* ANNOUNCES CHANGES TO COMPOSITION OF BOARDS OF DIRECTORS IN CONNECTION WITH RING-FENCING TRANSFER SCHEME
* NET INTEREST MARGIN (NIM) WAS STABLE AT 2.04% COMPARED WITH Q4 2017
* ROYAL BANK OF SCOTLAND GROUP Q1 PROFIT BEFORE TAX 1.213 BILLION STG
* PATRICK FLYNN WILL BE APPOINTED AS A NON-EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OF RBSG
LONDON, April 27 Britain's Royal Bank of Scotland on Friday reported a much better than expected attributable pre-tax profit of 792 million pounds ($1.10 billion) in the first quarter, as bad loan provisions and restructuring costs fell.
Dozens of customers of Britain's TSB Bank said on Wednesday they still could not access its digital services, after the bank's CEO said earlier its mobile and online banking platforms were up and running following five days of disruption.
* Shares fall 11 percent (Adds details on debt issuance, CEO comments, share movement)