Royal Dutch Shell PLC (RDSa.AS)
15 Dec 2017
BP is getting back into solar power six years after its first, failed foray, with a $200 million investment in solar generator Lightsource that the oil and gas firm expects will deliver profits and deepen its foothold in renewable energy.
* BP sees growth in profitability in expanding sector (Recasts, adds quotes, background)
* ENTERED INTO A TWO-YEAR EXTENSION OF THEIR COMMERCIAL PARTNERSHIP WITH MAJOR ENERGY PRODUCER AND SUPPLIER, ROYAL DUTCH SHELL PLC
PARIS Norway's Prime Minister Erna Solberg on Tuesday said she had no immediate plans to toughen a rule that means a firm generating about a third or more of its income from coal is excluded from the country's $1 trillion sovereign wealth fund.
* Does not expect any impact on customers (Adds detail on production capacity)
SABETTA, Russia President Vladimir Putin said on Friday that Russia was ready to sell gas to Saudi Arabia after he launched the first loading of liquefied natural gas (LNG) at the Novatek-led Yamal LNG project in the Arctic.
* Saudi energy minister among guests at launch ceremony (Releads, adds new Putin quotes, details)
LONDON European oil shares, having been for so long the dividend darlings of income funds, are losing their pulling power as investors take another look at the long term future of energy companies focused on fossil fuels.
* Oil and gas stocks lag European market: http://tmsnrt.rs/2AzaEb7
LONDON, Dec 6 Royal Dutch Shell will take the initial cargoes of liquefied natural gas (LNG) shipped from Dominion Energy's new Cove Point export facility in Maryland after providing the plant's feed gas supply, Dominion Energy said on Tuesday.