Rio Tinto Ltd (RIO.AX)
TOKYO Two global aluminum producers have offered Japanese buyers a premium of $159-160 per ton for primary metal shipments for the July-September quarter, up 23-24 percent from the current quarter, four sources directly involved in pricing talks said.
* Producers offer Q3 premiums of $159/T, $160/T, vs $129/T in Q2
MELBOURNE/JAKARTA Global miner Rio Tinto Ltd confirmed on Wednesday it was in discussions to sell its interest in the world's second largest copper mine to Indonesia's state mining holding company Inalum.
* Rio divesting assets that do not meet its return requirements (Adds comment from State Owned Enterprise Minister)
* Rio divesting assets that don't meet its return requirements
May 23 Rio Tinto Ltd on Wednesday confirmed it was in discussions with Inalum and Freeport-McMoRan regarding a potential purchase of its stake in the Grasberg mine by Inalum, including the price.
* NOTES REPORTS OF POTENTIAL PURCHASE BY PT INDONESIA ASAHAN ALUMINIUM OF RIO'S ENTIRE INTEREST IN GRASBERG MINE IN INDONESIA FOR $3.5 BILLION
NUSA DUA, Indonesia Freeport-McMoRan Inc's divestment of a controlling interest in Indonesia's Grasberg mine is still planned for 2018, even though the price and some contract terms are still to be agreed, the head of state mining holding company PT Inalum said.
* QTRLY PILBARA IRON ORE SHIPMENTS (100 PERCENT BASIS) 80.3 MT VERSUS 76.7 MT A YEAR AGO
MELBOURNE/LONDON At least three bidders are expected to submit final offers for global miner Rio Tinto's Hail Creek and Kestrel coal mines in Australia, which could fetch up to $2.5 billion, people familiar with the process said.