RWE AG (RWEG.DE)
23 Feb 2018
* Manager Magazin reports Innogy 1.5-2 bln euro profit shortfall
* Innogy shares up 1.2 pct, parent RWE up 1.8 pct (Recasts, adds context, details)
* Innogy shares down 0.8 pct, RWE down 1 pct (Recasts, adds statement from parent RWE, updates shares)
(The following statement was released by the rating agency) MILAN/LONDON, December 19 (Fitch) Fitch Ratings says National Bank of Greece S.A.'s (NBG, RD/RD/ccc/RWE) and Piraeus Bank S.A.'s (Piraeus, RD/RD/ccc/RWE) mortgage covered bonds ratings are not affected by the Rating Watch Evolving (RWE) on the banks' Viability Ratings (VRs). The covered bonds are rated 'B' with Positive Outlook. On 14 December 2017 Fitch placed on RWE the banks' VRs, following the publication of the Exposure Draft: Bank
* Shares in parent RWE down 13.4 pct (Adds CFO, CEO comments, details on 2018 capex)
FRANKFURT/LONDON Chemical giant BASF agreed to merge its oil and gas unit Wintershall with DEA, a vehicle of Russian billionaire Mikhail Fridman, to create one of the largest independent oil and gas firms in Europe, the companies said.
FRANKFURT/LONDON, Dec 7 Chemical giant BASF agreed to merge its oil and gas unit Wintershall with DEA, a vehicle of Russian billionaire Mikhail Fridman, to create one of the largest independent oil and gas firms in Europe, the companies said.
FRANKFURT BASF said it was in talks to combine its oil and gas unit Wintershall [WINT.UL] with DEA [RWEDE.UL], the energy group owned by Russian billionaire Mikhail Fridman, as the German group expands its core plastics and chemicals operations.
* BASF shares close 2.9 pct higher (Adds DEA statement confirming talks)
LONDON European shares opened lower on Tuesday but quickly recovered as continued faith in the underlying strength of the European economy and a synchronized global expansion overcame negative trading updates, notably in Britain.