Saga PLC (SAGAG.L)
20 Feb 2018
Feb 19 Saga Plc, a British tourism and insurance group for the over-50s, said it had appointed Patrick O'Sullivan as chairman, with effect from May 1.
* APPOINTMENT OF PATRICK O'SULLIVAN AS CHAIRMAN WITH EFFECT FROM 1 MAY 2018.
Feb 12 Saga Plc, a British tourism and insurance group for the over-50s, said it had signed a quota share deal with NewRe and German reinsurer Hannover Re to take on 80 percent of the motor underwriting risk of its in-house underwriter AICL.
* QUOTA SHARE COVER 80% OF UNDERWRITING RISK OF MOTOR POLICIES OF GROUP'S IN-HOUSE UNDERWRITER, AICL, TO TAKE EFFECT FROM 1 FEBRUARY 2019
* ROBIN SHAW HAS BEEN APPOINTED TO NEW ROLE OF CEO OF SAGA TRAVEL
Saga's shares slumped on Wednesday after the travel and insurance group for the over 50s said underlying pretax profit would rise by just 1-2 percent in the current year and fall 5 percent next year.
* Shares fall more than 20 pct to low of 135 pence (Adds CEO comments, details, updates shares)
Dec 6 Britain's Saga Plc said it expected its full-year underlying pretax profit to grow by just 1-2 percent due to more challenging trading in insurance broking and the collapse of Monarch Airlines.
* GROUP'S GROWTH IN UNDERLYING PBT 1 IS EXPECTED TO BE BETWEEN 1% AND 2% FOR YEAR ENDED 31 JANUARY 2018
Oct 24 Saga Plc, a provider of travel and insurance services for people of 50 and above, said Chairman Andrew Goodsell intends to retire in 2018, after 26 years with the company.