State Bank of India (SBI.NS)
* Shares close end 4 pct higher on hopes bank turns corner (Adds Chairman comment, details on guidance)
May 22 Indian shares ended slightly higher on Tuesday, driven by gains in Dr. Reddy's Laboratories Ltd and State Bank of India (SBI) following their quarterly results.
* SBI reports loss of $1.13 bln, far beyond analyst estimates
May 22 State Bank of India (SBI) posted a fourth-quarter net loss of 77.18 billion rupees ($1.13 billion) on Tuesday, hurt by higher provisions for bad loans.
* KEEPS LENDING RATES UNDER MCLR UNCHANGED IN MAY Source text for Eikon: https://bit.ly/2hfLVQS
* SAYS CO DECIDED TO DISCONTINUE THE BANKING FACILITIES / CONSORTIUM WITH STATE BANK OF INDIA
* SAYS PROVIDING CASH WITHDRAWAL THROUGH POINT OF SALE MACHINES WITHOUT ANY CHARGES TO BANK CUSTOMERS Source text for Eikon: [To reach out and facilitate maximum number of people looking for convenient cash withdrawal, State Bank of India, country's largest lender is also providing facilities of cash through 'Cash@POS' initiative. Debit card holders of SBI and all other banks can withdraw cash from PoS machines installed by SBI across various merchant locations. As per the RBI guidelines custome
* SAYS STATE BANK OF INDIA HAS RECLASSIFIED CO'S CREDIT ACCOUNTS AS NPA Source text - https://bit.ly/2JHMs8z Further company coverage:
BRIEF-SBI To Consider Extending Validity For Raising AT1 Capital Via Basel III Debt Instruments In INR/USD
* TO CONSIDER EXTENDING VALIDITY PERIOD FOR RAISING AT1 CAPITAL VIA BASEL III DEBT INSTRUMENTS IN DOMESTIC/INTERNATIONAL MARKETS IN INR/USD Source text: https://bit.ly/2JujGbc Further company coverage:
Reliance Communications Ltd (RCom) said on Friday the National Company Law Appellate Tribunal (NCLAT) has given its approval for the debt-laden company to proceed with the sale of its tower and fiber assets.