Shire PLC (SHPG.OQ)
19 Apr 2018
TOKYO Takeda Pharmaceutical Co Ltd shares lost almost 5 percent of their value on Friday as investors fretted over the size of any deal the Japanese firm would have to make to seal its record-breaking purchase of London-listed Shire PLC.
* Takeda likely needs to up bid's cash component -analysts (Recasts, adds analyst comments)
* ALLERGAN NOW CONFIRMS THAT IT DOES NOT INTEND TO MAKE AN OFFER FOR SHIRE Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Reporting by Maiya Keidan)
NEW YORK/LONDON Rare disease drug maker Shire Plc said on Thursday it had rejected a $63 billion cash-and-stock acquisition offer by Japan's Takeda Pharmaceutical Co Ltd , while Allergan Plc reversed course on pursuing a rival bid.
April 20 The following are the top stories on the business pages of British newspapers. Reuters has not verified these stories and does not vouch for their accuracy.
April 19 The following bids, mergers, acquisitions and disposals were reported by 2000 GMT on Thursday: ** Rare disease drug maker Shire Plc said it had rejected a $63 billion cash-and-stock acquisition offer by Japan's Takeda Pharmaceutical Co Ltd, while Allergan Plc reversed course on pursuing a rival bid. ** Austrian property group Immofinanz is putting its 26 percent stake in peer CA Immo on the block, it said, after a review of its strategic options.
* Shire takeover fights follows surge in drug sector M&A (Adds new Allergan statement)
* ALLERGAN DOES NOT INTEND TO MAKE AN OFFER FOR SHIRE PLC; STRATEGIC REVIEW CONTINUES
* Debenhams' outlook cut adds to retail gloom (Adds detail and quote, updates prices at close)
* ALLERGAN ISSUES STATEMENT REGARDING PRESS SPECULATION ON ITS STRATEGIC REVIEW
|Novartis AG (NOVN.S)||CHF76.26||-1.02|
|Eli Lilly And Co (LLY.N)||$79.75||+0.03|
|Catalyst Biosciences Inc (CBIO.OQ)||$28.28||--|
|Abbott Laboratories (ABT.N)||$59.88||+0.36|
|Actelion Ltd (ATLN.S)||--||--|
|Supernus Pharmaceuticals Inc (SUPN.OQ)||$48.85||--|
|Salix Pharmaceuticals, Ltd. (SLXP.OQ)||--||--|
|ARYx Therapeutics, Inc. (ARYX.PK)||$0.01||--|
|Innoviva Inc (INVA.OQ)||$16.23||--|
|Sucampo Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (SCMP.OQ)||--||--|