Shaw Communications Inc (SJRb.TO)
21 Jun 2018
TORONTO, April 12 Canada's main stock index closed slightly higher on Thursday as Shaw Communications' shares gained on better-than-expected quarterly results and higher commodity prices, due to geopolitical concerns, boosted the shares of energy firms. * The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index closed up 11.37 points, or 0.07 percent, at 15,269.27. * The TSX's energy group rose by 0.5 percent. * Seven of the index's 10 main indust
* Shares rise 10.5 pct on TSX, 8.8 pct on NYSE (Adds details from conference call, shares)
April 12 Canada's main stock index was higher on Thursday, helped by gains in financial stocks and a jump in Shaw Communications' shares after the company posted a better than expected profit.
April 12 Canada's main stock index rose at open on Thursday, led by gains in financial stocks and as Shaw Communications shares advanced after reporting a better-than-expected profit.
* Q2 RESTRUCTURING CHARGE OF $417 MILLION RELATED TO TOTAL BUSINESS TRANSFORMATION INITIATIVE
April 12 Canadian telecom company Shaw Communications Inc reported a quarterly loss on Thursday after it recorded restructuring charges of C$417 million ($331.3 million).
Canadian media company Corus Entertainment Inc beat quarterly profit estimates and aims to focus on targeted advertisements to increase revenue from TV this year, sending its shares up as much as 25 percent Thursday morning.
* Q2 net income attributable to shareholders rose 61 pct to C$40.0 million
BRIEF-Shaw Communications Says 3,300 Employees Elected To Participate In A Voluntary Departure Program
* SHAW COMMUNICATIONS COMPLETES FIRST PHASE OF TOTAL BUSINESS TRANSFORMATION INITIATIVE
* SHAW COMMUNICATIONS ANNOUNCES CFO TRANSITION AS PART OF TOTAL BUSINESS TRANSFORMATION