Sports Direct International PLC (SPD.L)
20 Jul 2018
LONDON British retailer Sports Direct booked an 85.4 million pound ($111.3 million) charge for a disastrous investment in department store chain Debenhams , raising questions over its strategy of taking big stakes in other businesses.
* Shares fall as much as 11.6 pct (Adds detail, finance chief, analyst comment, updates shares)
LONDON, July 19 British retailer Sports Direct on Thursday reported a 12.2 percent increase in full-year core earnings, helped by its strategy to smarten up its stores and sell more premium products.
* SPORTS DIRECT INTERNATIONAL PLC CUTS STAKE IN FINISH LINE INC TO 15.6 PERCENT AS OF MAY 17 FROM 19.3 PERCENT AS OF APRIL 20 - SEC FILING Source text: (https://bit.ly/2J17ZeZ) Further company coverage:
LONDON, March 6 British online retail and education business Findel said on Tuesday it was looking to extend its commercial relationship with Sports Direct , the sportswear firm that is its largest shareholder, sending its shares 4 percent higher.
* EXPLORING POSSIBILITY OF FURTHER DEVELOPING COMMERCIAL SUPPLY ARRANGEMENTS WITH SPORTS DIRECT Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (London Newsroom)
* ESTABLISHED STRATEGIC PARTNERSHIPS WITH RETAILERS INCLUDING GILT.COM, WHICH IS PART OF HUDSON'S BAY COMPANY
LONDON British sportswear retailer Sports Direct has increased its stake in department store chain Debenhams to 29.7 percent and is seeking to extend its relationship with the firm to "a strategic partnership", it said on Friday.
LONDON, March 2 British sportswear retailer Sports Direct has increased its stake in department store chain Debenhams to 29.7 percent and is seeking to extend its relationship with the firm to "a strategic partnership", it said on Friday.
* COMPANY HAS INCREASED ITS TOTAL HOLDINGS IN DEBENHAMS PLC TO 29.70%