Swiss Re AG (SRENH.S)
14 Dec 2018
BRIEF-Swiss Re CFO Says General Expectation Is That Reinsurance Prices Should Be Stable At The Very Least If Not Increasing
* SWISS RE CFO SAYS GENERAL EXPECTATION IS THAT REINSURANCE PRICES SHOULD BE STABLE AT THE VERY LEAST IF NOT INCREASING
* U.S. remained challenging in October with hurricane (Updates with details, background)
FRANKFURT, Nov 1 Reinsurer Swiss Re on Thursday returned to a net profit in the first nine months of the year from a loss a year earlier, despite a series of large claims from big natural catastrophes and man-made disasters.
* ANNOUNCES INTENTION TO DIVEST VIA IPO NEW ZEALAND WEALTH MANAGEMENT AND ADVICE BUSINESSES
BADEN-BADEN, Germany, Oct 22 Swiss Re expects the global reinsurance industry to consolidate as the distinction between insurers and reinsurers become increasingly blurred, an executive of the Swiss group said on Monday.
* SWISS RE SAID TO DISCUSS INVESTMENT IN INSURER ANBANG WITH CHINA - BLOOMBERG, CITING SOURCES Source: https://bloom.bg/2R0ZyQX Further company coverage:
LONDON, Oct 18 UK life insurance entrepreneur Clive Cowdery, who pioneered the practice of buying up closed books in Britain and the U.S., has launched a new company as more assets come up for sale and hopes to close a $2 billion deal by the end of the year.
FRANKFURT Reinsurer Swiss Re on Thursday said that third-quarter claims losses are large for an individual quarter but that cumulative losses for the first nine months of 2018 were broadly in line with expectations.
* Estimates come ahead of Nov. 1 earnings release (Adds details statement)
FRANKFURT, Oct 18 Reinsurer Swiss Re on Thursday said that third-quarter claims losses are large for an individual quarter but that cumulative losses for the first nine months of 2018 were broadly in line with expectations. (Reporting by Tom Sims; Editing by Maria Sheahan)