Transcontinental Inc (TCLa.TO)
21 Sep 2018
* TC MEDIA SELLS ITS 30 PUBLICATIONS IN THE MONTRÉAL AND QUÉBEC CITY AREAS
* TRANSCONTINENTAL INC. ANNOUNCES THAT ALL REGULATORY APPROVALS HAVE BEEN OBTAINED FOR THE ACQUISITION OF COVERIS AMERICAS
BRIEF-Transcontinental Inc. Announces C$250 Mln Bought Deal Public Offering Of Subscription Receipts
* TRANSCONTINENTAL INC. ANNOUNCES C$250 MILLION BOUGHT DEAL PUBLIC OFFERING OF SUBSCRIPTION RECEIPTS Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
April 2 The following bids, mergers, acquisitions and disposals were reported by 2000 GMT on Monday: ** General Electric Co's healthcare unit said it would sell its information technology business to private equity firm Veritas Capital for $1.05 billion in cash as it sharpens its focus on smart diagnostics and connected devices. ** ReNew Power, backed by Goldman Sachs and Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB), said it has acquired Ostro Energy Private Ltd, backed by London-bas
Transcontinental Inc said it would buy the U.S. packaging business of Coveris Holdings S.A. for $1.32 billion (C$1.70 billion) as the Canadian publisher looks to join other top North American companies in the flexible packaging space.
* Shares hit near 5-month high (Adds market value, previous deals; updates share movement)
April 2 Canada's main stock index dropped on Monday, led by a slide in energy companies as crude oil prices tumbled and by declines in financial companies.
April 2 Canada's main stock index fell on Monday due to losses in the financial and energy sectors amid a revival in trade war fears after China decided to impose additional duties on U.S. products.
April 2 Canadian printing company Transcontinental Inc said on Monday it would buy U.S.-based plastics packager Coveris Americas for $1.32 billion (1.70 billion Canadian dollars).
* TRANSCONTINENTAL INC. ANNOUNCES TRANSFORMATIONAL ACQUISITION OF COVERIS AMERICAS, BECOMING A NORTH AMERICAN LEADER IN FLEXIBLE PACKAGING