Time Inc (TIME.N)
17 Jan 2018
* MEREDITH'S ACQUISITION OF TIME INC. RECEIVES ANTITRUST CLEARANCE
* MEREDITH CORPORATION EXTENDS TENDER OFFER TO ACQUIRE TIME INC.
* ESSENCE VENTURES ANNOUNCES ACQUISITION OF ESSENCE COMMUNICATIONS FROM TIME INC
* SAYS DEAL WITH TIME INC TO DISTRIBUTE VIDEO CONTENT FROM THEIR PORTFOLIO OF BRANDS THROUGHOUT ASIA Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* SAYS ANNOUNCED THE SALE OF SUNSET TO REGENT L.P., A PRIVATE EQUITY FIRM LED BY INVESTOR MICHAEL REINSTEIN Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
NEW YORK U.S. media group Meredith Corp’s planned purchase of Time Inc is the latest in a run of mergers that have boosted media lending to the highest point in more than a decade as the sector regroups to fight online content providers.
NEW YORK, Nov 29 US media group Meredith Corp’s planned purchase of Time Inc is the latest in a run of mergers that have boosted media lending to the highest point in more than a decade as the sector regroups to fight online content providers.
NEW YORK (Reuters Breakingviews) - Despite some media pundits’ suspicions to the contrary, David and Charles Koch may be cooking up nothing more than a decent investment in publisher Meredith. Through Koch Industries’ private-equity arm, the Republican-leaning activist U.S. billionaires are sinking $650 million into Meredith to help it buy Time Inc for $2.8 billion including debt. The Kochs get preferred shares, but no votes or board seats. Like Carlos Slim’s loan to the New York Times, the pote
U.S. media company Meredith Corp said on Sunday it will buy Time Inc, the publisher of People, Sports Illustrated and Fortune magazines, in a $1.84 billion all-cash deal backed by conservative billionaire brothers Charles and David Koch. | Video
Wall Street's major indexes ended little changed on Monday, retreating modestly from record highs set during the session, as gains for Amazon countered losses in shares of energy companies. | Video