Unilever PLC (ULVR.L)
ZURICH/LONDON First-quarter sales growth at Nestle and Unilever was driven almost entirely by shifting more goods, in a stark illustration of how hard it is for consumer products makers to raise prices in a competitive retail environment. | Video
* P&G also sees volume growth offset weak pricing (Adds details, investor, analyst comment, shares)
LONDON Unilever , the Anglo-Dutch consumer goods giant, reported first-quarter sales figures that met expectations, helped mainly by increases in the volume of products sold, and maintained its full-year outlook.
* UNILEVER CFO SAYS SEES MARKETS GROWING JUST BELOW 3 PERCENT
* Announces 6 billion euro share buyback (Adds details on price/volume, buyback, move to Netherlands)
* INTERVIEW - UNILEVER CFO SAYS BALANCE OF VOLUME AND PRICE TO IMPROVE IN BACK HALF OF YEAR
* Q1 UNDERLYING SALES GROWTH EXCLUDING SPREADS 3.7% WITH VOLUME 3.6% AND PRICE 0.1%
LONDON, April 19 Unilever , the Anglo-Dutch consumer goods giant, reported first-quarter sales that met expectations, helped by volume gains, and maintained its full-year outlook.
PARIS French food group Danone achieved better than expected first-quarter sales growth of nearly 5 percent, helped by Chinese demand for its baby formula products, cementing guidance for higher profit and sales this year and beyond.
April 16 Benjamin Frost, global co-head of consumer retail investment banking at Morgan Stanley, has departed the bank and is in talks to join Goldman Sachs Group Inc, people familiar with the matter on Monday.