Visa Inc (V.N)
* Temasek Holdings (Private) Ltd ups share stake in Mastercard to 923,068 class a shares from 267,006 class a shares
* Visa introduces new payment wearables for fans attending the Olympic Winter Games Pyeongchang 2018 Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
HONG KONG/BEIJING China is pressing foreign payment card companies to form local joint ventures for onshore operations, said three people familiar with the matter, a move that would counter a pledge on market access Beijing made to U.S. President Donald Trump.
Mastercard Inc on Tuesday posted a record profit and trounced Wall Street expectations, as it battled for consumers and global market share over other payment channels including its bigger rival Visa Inc .
Visa Inc beat Wall Street's quarterly profit expectations on Wednesday helped by more people using its world-wide network to pay for everything from groceries to Uber rides, sending its shares to a record.
* Shares hit record, rise as much as 2 pct (Adds analyst quote, shares, background)
* Qtrly net operating revenues of $4.9 billion, an increase of 14%
Oct 25 Visa Inc, the world's largest payments network operator, reported an 11 percent increase in fourth-quarter profit on Wednesday, driven higher by its purchase of Visa Europe, and as more people made payments using its network.
* Facebook joins the Visa digital enablement program Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
Sharp growth in mobile payments led PayPal Holdings Inc to report a better-than-expected third-quarter profit on Thursday and lift its guidance for earnings through the rest of the year.