Westpac Banking Corp (WBC.AX)
22 May 2018
SYDNEY Australia's Westpac Banking Corp repeatedly phoned and texted the owner of a failed pie shop to demand repayment of a loan, the shop owner said on Tuesday, as a financial inquiry focused on abuses in small business lending.
SYDNEY, May 22 Australia's Westpac Banking Corp repeatedly phoned and texted the owner of a failed pie shop to demand repayment of a loan, the shop owner said on Tuesday, as a financial inquiry focused on abuses in small business lending.
* Third round of hearings focused on lending to small businesses
SYDNEY No. 2 Australian lender Westpac Banking Corp said on Friday it had been "too slow" to resolve customer complaints and had created an executive role to handle them, as the country's financial sector responds to revelations of serious misconduct.
* National Australia Bank says ashamed at bank misconduct (Recasts, includes NAB CEO comments)
May 18 Australian lender Westpac Banking Corp appointed Carolyn McCann on Friday to the newly created position of group executive, customer and corporate relations.
* Bank reports higher margins offseting soft growth in mortgages
* H1 REPORTED NET INTEREST MARGIN INCREASED 11 BASIS POINTS TO 2.16%
May 7 Westpac Banking Corp said on Monday its half-year cash profit rose 6 percent boosted particularly by its consumer and corporate lending arms.
* Shares touch 2-yr low on UBS "sell" report, first in decades