Western Digital Corp (WDC.OQ)
14 Dec 2017
TOKYO/SAN FRANCISCO Chinese regulators have begun an antitrust review of Toshiba Corp's $18 billion deal to sell its memory chip unit, two months after the Bain Capital-led buying consortium applied for approval, the Nikkei business daily said on Friday.
* Formal anti-trust review process in China can take 180 days
TOKYO Toshiba Corp and its chip business partner Western Digital Corp agreed to settle a long-running dispute over the embattled Japanese conglomerate's plans to sell its chip unit, the companies said in a statement, removing a key obstacle to the deal. | Video
* Western Digital drops effort to stop the chip sale to Bain group
* WESTERN DIGITAL SAYS FISCAL 2018 EPS TO EXCEED $13 Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Reporting by Malcolm foster)
BRIEF-Western Digital In Connection With Settlement With Toshiba, Enters Into A 6 Year Facility Agreement
* WESTERN DIGITAL CORP - ENTERED INTO SETTLEMENT AGREEMENT WITH BAIN CAPITAL & CERTAIN OTHER AGREEMENTS WITH TMC RELATED TO OPERATION OF JOINT VENTURES
Dec 13 Toshiba Corp and its chip business partner Western Digital Corp agreed to settle a long-running dispute over the embattled Japanese conglomerate's plans to sell its chip unit, the companies said in a statement, removing a key obstacle to the deal.
BRIEF-Western Digital To Host Conf Call To Discuss Settlement Regarding Nand Flash-Memory Joint Ventures
* WESTERN DIGITAL TO HOST CONFERENCE CALL TO DISCUSS SETTLEMENT REGARDING NAND FLASH-MEMORY JOINT VENTURES AND PROVIDE BUSINESS UPDATE Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
BRIEF-Toshiba And Western Digital Reach Global Settlement And Agree To Strengthen Flash Memory Collaboration
* PRESS RELEASE - TOSHIBA AND WESTERN DIGITAL REACH GLOBAL SETTLEMENT AND AGREE TO STRENGTHEN FLASH MEMORY COLLABORATION
HONG KONG (Reuters Breakingviews) - A last-minute activist attack on Toshiba could be good for investors. Argyle Street Management argues the Japanese conglomerate need not follow through on an $18 billion leveraged buyout of its NAND flash-memory business. The Hong Kong hedge-fund manager has a solid case. While an immediate halt is unlikely, a later U-turn is both possible and desirable.
|Samsung Electronics Co Ltd (005930.KS)||₩2,558,000.00||+5,000.00|
|Samsung Electronics Co Ltd (005935.KS)||₩2,060,000.00||-9,000.00|
|Toshiba Corp (6502.T)||¥323||-1.00|
|Intel Corporation (INTC.OQ)||$43.26||-0.08|
|Seagate Technology PLC (STX.OQ)||$41.94||--|
|Micron Technology, Inc. (MU.OQ)||$42.24||+0.19|
|HGST Technologies Santa Ana Inc (STEC.OQ)||--||--|