Williams-Sonoma Inc (WSM.N)
NEW YORK Wall Street's major indexes fell on Thursday as trade-sensitive stocks were hit by a fresh round of tariffs in the trade dispute between the United States and China. | Video
* Futures: Dow and S&P up 0.2 pct; Nasdaq dips 0.06 pct (Adds comment, details; Updates prices)
Aug 23 U.S. stock index futures were little changed on Thursday as the United States and China slapped 25 percent tariffs on $16 billion worth of each other's goods, despite ongoing trade talks.
A mid-level California appeals court has ruled that a former Williams-Sonoma Inc employee was barred from suing the retailer for alleged wage-and-hour violations after he participated in an earlier settlement with the company over unpaid wages.
NEW YORK U.S. stocks ended down slightly on Thursday after President Donald Trump canceled a planned summit with North Korea's Kim Jong Un and threatened to impose tariffs on auto imports, though losses were limited by gains in Netflix and General Electric. | Video
* Futures dip: Dow 0.23 pct, S&P 0.16 pct, Nasdaq 0.17 pct (Adds comment, adds details, updates prices)
May 24 Worries over U.S. trade protectionism, this time around car imports, weighed on Wall Street's main indexes on Thursday, overshadowing optimism that the Federal Reserve may be more tolerant of rising inflation than previously expected.
* WILLIAMS-SONOMA INC REPORTS STRONG FIRST QUARTER 2018 RESULTS
* SAYS ENTERED TERMINATION AGREEMENT WITH WILLIAMS-SONOMA ON BEHALF OF ITS WEST ELM BRAND, WITH AN EFFECTIVE DATE OF MAY 9, 2018
BRIEF-Williams-Sonoma Says CEO Laura Alber's FY 2017 Total Compensation Was $14.4 Mln VS $13.8 Mln In FY 2016
* WILLIAMS-SONOMA INC SAYS CEO LAURA ALBER'S FY 2017 TOTAL COMPENSATION WAS $14.4 MLN VS $13.8 MLN IN FY 2016 - SEC FILING Source text: (https://bit.ly/2IUYGJt) Further company coverage:
|Walmart Inc (WMT.N)||$95.75||+0.51|
|Home Depot Inc (HD.N)||$211.06||-0.62|
|Target Corporation (TGT.N)||$87.38||+0.22|
|Lowe's Companies, Inc. (LOW.N)||$116.70||+0.44|
|Best Buy Co Inc (BBY.N)||$79.56||+1.82|
|Sears Holdings Corp (SHLD.OQ)||$1.29||+0.07|
|J C Penney Company Inc (JCP.N)||$2.00||0.00|
|Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. (BBBY.OQ)||$19.13||+0.15|
|Lumber Liquidators Holdings Inc (LL.N)||$17.69||+0.02|