MUMBAI/BENGALURU Consumers in leading Asian hubs continued to sell off physical gold this week, with some switching their holdings to silver, after a jump in prices that also attracted interest from investors betting further gains.
* Gold discounts in India widen to highest in about three
* Spot gold may climb to $1,461 per ounce - technicals
July 18 Gold prices pulled back from a two-week
high to trade lower on Thursday, as some investors took
advantage of the last session's gain to book profits.
* U.S. retail sales strong, but market still set on Fed cut
Gold prices held steady on Tuesday as investors awaited U.S. retail sales data that could serve as an indicator of the strength of the world's largest economy amid lingering concerns over global economic slowdown.
* Spot gold remains neutral in $1,404-$1,421/oz range -
* China GDP in-line with consensus, monthly activity data
* Spot gold biased to break support at $1,404/oz- technicals
July 11 Gold prices scaled a more than one-week
peak on Thursday, as the dollar slipped after dovish remarks
from the U.S. Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell boosted the
case for an interest rate cut later this month.