MADRID, Nov 24 (Reuters) - One person has died and three have been taken to hospital after a carbon dioxide leak at the Asco nuclear power plant in the Spanish region of Catalonia, local emergency services said on Wednesday.
A fault in the plant's fire prevention system caused the gas leak, which was not linked to any radioactive material, the regional fire service posted on Twitter.
Shortly afterwards, the fire service said it was preparing to leave the site after checking over the extractor fans with the plant's staff and ensuring the systems were working properly.
The three people taken to hospital suffered light injuries from carbon dioxide inhalation, emergency services said.
Our Standards: The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.
- BusinessAustralia's Beach Energy reaches deal with Webuild on Waitsia gas project
Australia's Beach Energy Ltd on Monday said it reached a deal with Italy's Webuild SpA to complete delivery of the A$768 million ($528.92 million) Waitsia Stage 2 gas project, subject to approval from the project's contractor Clough Limited, which was placed into administration in December.