- Latest Trade
- trading lower--
- As of Jun 3 2023. Values delayed up to 15 minutes
- Today's Range
- -- - --
- 52 Week Range
- -- - --
- BusinessJapan's Cosmo CEO says controversial vote tactics justified in activist defence
Japan's Cosmo Energy Holdings will exclude its largest shareholder grouping from a vote on a "poison pill" takeover defence as the group's plans may conflict with the interest of general shareholders, its chief executive said on Wednesday.
- MarketsJapan weighs broader tender offer rules as unsolicited takeovers rise
Japan's financial regulator is considering expanding the range of transactions that require a tender offer, in what would be the first revision of such rules in 17 years, as unsolicited takeovers have become more common.
- MarketsInvestment firm felt pressured to sell Tokyo Kikai stake after 'poison pill', CEO says
The Japanese investment firm that failed to break a "poison-pill" defence in its bid for a printing press company had no choice but to sell most of its stake at a loss or risk a battle that would have destroyed more value, its chief executive said.
- MarketsNikkei rises on chipmakers, energy boost; SoftBank drops
Japan's Nikkei share average rose on Friday, as chipmaking giants tracked a rally in their U.S. peers and energy shares surged after oil prices rebounded.
Markets PerformanceOfficial Data Partner
|Brent Crude Oil||76.13||--|
Rates & Bonds
|Euro STOXX 50||4,323.52||1.55%|
Source: Refinitiv, an LSEG business - data delayed by at least 15 minutes