- Latest Trade
- trading lower--
- As of Jun 5 2023. Values delayed up to 15 minutes
- Today's Range
- -- - --
- 52 Week Range
- -- - --
- BusinessUK insurer Direct Line expects motor claims to hit 2023 earnings
Direct Line Insurance Group Plc said on Tuesday it expected more adverse claims in motor, especially in relation to damage, to pressure its earnings in 2023, sending the British insurer's shares 8% lower in early trade.
- BusinessUK motor insurer Direct Line 2022 profit down 95%
British motor insurer Direct Line's operating profit dropped 95% in 2022 after inflation drove up the cost of motor repairs and it warned that 2023 would be impacted by higher than previously expected claims inflation.
- BusinessBritish motor insurer Direct Line's CEO Penny James steps down
Direct Line Insurance Group's chief executive of nearly four years, Penny James, will step down with immediate effect after the British motor and home insurer faced "significant headwinds" in recent months, the company said on Friday.
- MarketsUK funeral service provider Dignity agrees to $349 mln takeover
Funeral services provider Dignity Plc has agreed to a sweetened 281 million pound ($349 million) takeover by a consortium backed by investment firms SPWOne V Ltd, Castelnau Group and Phoenix Asset Management Partners.
Markets PerformanceOfficial Data Partner
|Brent Crude Oil||77.76||2.14%|
Rates & Bonds
|Euro STOXX 50||4,323.52||1.55%|
Source: Refinitiv, an LSEG business - data delayed by at least 15 minutes