- New York Times taps Bank of America amid ValueAct challenge, article with imageBusiness ·
August 13, 2022
The New York Times Co has turned to Bank of America Corp and law firm Sidley Austin LLP for advice on how to handle a potential board challenge from ValueAct Capital Management LP, according to people familiar with the matter.
- European MarketsForeigners net buyers of Japanese stocks in the week to Aug 5 after a weekly sale
Foreigners turned net buyers of Japanese stocks in the week ended Aug. 5 as a batch of upbeat corporate earnings reports boosted sentiment.
- BusinessIndia's EarlySalary in talks to raise $110 million in TPG-led funding
Indian digital lending startup EarlySalary is in talks to raise $110 million in a round led by private equity firm TPG, a source with direct knowledge of the matter told Reuters.
- DealsOwners of Madrid gas grid aim to launch sale in September- sources
The owners of a major Spanish natural gas network are preparing to launch a sale process in September with a targeted valuation of up to 2 billion euros ($2.1 billion), seeking a buyer who will advance its efforts to transition to low-carbon fuel, three sources familiar with the matter told Reuters.
- DealsMubadala, Raizen in final round to buy BP-Bunge Brazilian ethanol venture- source
UAE state investor Mubadala Investment Co and energy company Raizen SA are in the final round to acquire Brazilian ethanol joint venture BP Bunge Bioenergia, the world's third-largest sugarcane processor, one source with knowledge of the matter said on Wednesday.
- BusinessJSW Energy unit to buy $1.3 bln renewable assets from Mytrah Energy
India's JSW Energy said on Wednesday that its unit JSW Neo Energy has agreed to buy some renewable energy capacity from Mytrah Energy (India) for about 105.30 billion rupees ($1.32 billion).