- Meme stock Bed Bath & Beyond tumbles as billionaire Cohen to dump stake, article with imageEuropean Markets ·
August 18, 2022 · 2:02 PM UTC
Bed Bath & Beyond Inc shares dropped 15% on Thursday after billionaire investor Ryan Cohen disclosed plans to sell his entire stake in the struggling retailer, following a stunning rally in the meme stock this month.
- TechnologyMubadala-backed AI firm G42 sets up $10 bln tech fund
Emirati artificial intelligence firm G42, chaired by the Gulf state's national security advisor, on Thursday launched a $10 billion fund to invest in late-stage technology companies.
- DealsIndia's Razorpay buys Ezetap to tap into offline payments
India's Razorpay said on Thursday it had bought offline payments firm Ezetap, marking the Sequoia Capital-backed firm's latest bet on the payments industry in a deal which a source with knowledge of said was worth $150 million.
- DealsRothschild's buyout fund tests appetite for $1.5bn software firm A2Mac1
Rothschild's private equity arm is sounding out prospective bidders to launch the sale of a majority stake in French automotive software firm A2Mac1, a deal valued at up to $1.5 billion, four sources familiar with the matter told Reuters.
- European MarketsBridgewater cuts short positions in European companies
Bridgewater Associates has cut most of its disclosed mammoth bets against European stocks, according to data group Breakout Point, using the hedge fund's public disclosures.
- Business'Too big for Australia', says pension fund eyeing global expansion
Australia's biggest pension fund has outgrown the country and wants to quadruple in size to be a global investment powerhouse worth A$1 trillion ($700 billion) within a decade, its Chief Executive Officer said on Tuesday.